733. Learning to pilot the vessel of classes



One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “Last night, when my kids and wife were all in bed, and I was super busy, planning classes, I suddenly remembered what happened to a student of my class, few years ago. Then he was 10, I think, or 9.


The classes I taught were extra-curricular. The first day that young boy didn’t bring his books of English. I had agreed with his parents to help him with his homework/study plus speaking in English through games. The second day he did not bring his books. I made him think about how he could remember to take his books from the classroom bookcase to my class of English.


He didn’t bring his books the third day, the fourth... He always forgot to take the books... umm!


His eldest sister those days answered to my comment about this point.


Oh, she told me, the same happens with his math book sometimes, he forgets his book: just he doesn’t want to work much.


Soon I dated an appointment with their parents. I ought to talk about this point as soon as possible: we had to mend this problem, before it might go on more and more often. That was a nice age to educate the kid concerning this discipline.


The teacher – don’t get me wrong – must be ‘cunning’ (sorry, right now I don’t find any other word in English): on one hand believe his or her students, offer them trust and educate in honesty, make them find the learning strategies that go okay with each of them. On the other hand we ought to avoid being too naive or rookie. Got it?



Last: this means in no way the teacher is like cold and distant from his or her students, and shows he or she suspects of all the students say.” / Photo from: sl nsw gov au. anctartic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?