I will try to present interesting Krashen’s five main pillars for language acquisition shortly, in case they be of any interest to you, likely!:
1. Difference between the processes of learning and acquiring.
2. We have something natural that facilitates the acquisition of rules and grammar patterns.
3. We need a monitor who helps us by correction for example.
4. Input should contain language which is a bit above our level.
5. We have a sensitive and affective filter, which also helps us to acquire the target language, like motivation, self-confidence… As well that filter might block and stop the process. / Photo from: deeper-conversation shannamann com