78. What can I do with a novel in the classroom?


Joe told me,
"Some years ago we in the classroom read A Story of Two Cities - I might be wrong with the precise title.
What my students like most was when I made the summary of the pages read on one day. The summary in Spanish.
They liked the plot. Nevertheless this is not the most convenient thing to do with a book in the class. You'd better read some pages - You and some students, at random.
After the reading session, ask them to summarize the plot. In the target language. Sometimes you can do it yourself, to show them how someone can make it. Help them make the summary by means of support questions."
A well known washing up powder in Spain. Thanks to solostocks com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!