2823. Can We Teachers Use their Native Language?


 
Can we use our students’ native language to reinforce and enhance and clarify what we teachers say in the foreign or second language, which we’re teaching?
I confess I lately use Spanish (both students’ and my language). Shouldn’t I? Because I try to get my students into immersion in English (the target language)... I assume not, but something I would do from now on is to speak all the time in English, and would clarify if it’s necessary, very necessary, let’s say; otherwise I will say all in English – I guess my students should think in English!
I right now make up that resolution! / Photo from: www panoramicvillas com. the picture is just an illustration

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family