3352. On Becoming Creative Teachers


 
I can see we teachers are concerned about lesson planning, and that’s okay. I have also seen most of us are concerned about long-term goals and short-term goals. I’m trying to shed some light about this issue.
We should have objectives and concerns about our classes, here I mean groups. Beside we plan each lesson we should have some orientation about what our dear students should attain in the following weeks, and that’s short-term or middle-term goals.
It is kind of some view about what our students have to achieve, which is something we will not attain in a single lesson, but it demands more lessons.
Those objectives or that single objective is something our students need to accomplish.
For example I can plan next lesson goals, but also I reckon my students are in need of improving or attaining some longer-term goals, like for instance to give their presentations of a topic their choice.
Another example, I can plan some activities for next lesson but also I can have in mind that my students need to gain fluency at speaking in English in the classroom plus gaining more accuracy concerning grammar too.
So it is something I bear in mind about my students, and which helps me plan each lesson. And that’s it. Got it? / Photo from: astronaut_suit_man

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2065. Teaching grammar with meaningful examples